Himari has medium-length, pale pink hair worn in low pigtails with a tuft of straightened bangs while the remainder is layered. She has a large bust, fair skin and green eyes with sharp corners.
Her casual attire is fairly feminine with a monotone color scheme.
Originally for performances Himari wore a black low-cut top under a white dress with plunging neckline, shoulders cut out, and a grey line pattern. She pairs this with black stockings, white and black shoes, a black bracelet on each wrist, and a dark grey hat. She wears the same choker as her band mates.
Currently she wears a stylized top with a pink pencil skirt with black boots and pink socks. She switches her hat, and gains new jewelry. She wears a choker matching her band mates, along with a large black hoodie with Afterglow written on it, along with splatter markings.
Himari is cheerful, good-natured, and is the band coordinator. She struggles to read the mood of a situation, which means she sometimes does things that have no effect. She's weak to tear-jerkers and sentimental episodes, and is fairly romantic.
She enjoys comparing the different sweets she buys from convenience stores and likes making them as well. She also likes cute things like clothing and stuffed animals, but wants to be seen as "cool" by others. Her ideas are normally teased or rejected - but her band mates try to show support in their own way.
A list of characters Himari interacts with in the game.
- She plays tennis and is a member of the tennis club.
- Himari is often concerned about her weight and gets teased by Moca, who doesn't gain weight easily, about it.
- She often goes to Tsugumi's cafe to vent after it closes down.
- She is the shortest Afterglow member.
- In the Persona collaboration, her character design is based on PANTHER and Carmen.
- Her bass guitar, Fender model American Vintage '74 Jazz Black, is no longer produced by Fender. This means that the bass guitar has become a rare item, even very difficult to find until now.